Dr Godfrey Town Ph.D. is a clinical technologist and scientist specialising in the comparative measurement of IPL and laser devices. He is a regular invited speaker at international aesthetic laser meetings and has published numerous scientific and clinical papers in international peer-reviewed journals on the use of laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) devices.
Godfrey was awarded his Ph.D. for original research in light-based skin therapy as an Innovation Scholar at The Global Academy, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea, UK. Currently, Godfrey’s academic affiliation is as a Senior Research Fellow, Aalborg University Hospital Dermatology Department, Aalborg, Denmark where he keeps in touch with the latest developments in laser dermatology and provides laser training programmes for post-graduate students.
He holds a Certificate of Competence in the fields of Medical and Research issued by the Board of RPA2000 an Assessing Body recognised by the UK Health & Safety Executive (Certificate No: L00101), is a registered clinical technologist and provides consultancy services to several laser and IPL manufacturers.
He has authored comprehensive Laser Hair Removal & Skin Rejuvenation training manuals and book chapters and has directly assisted in the staff training and commissioning of numerous laser skin care clinics. His technical knowledge is supported by over five years practical experience as an owner-manager of a successful UK private laser & IPL clinic. This involvement has provided him with an in-depth knowledge of what is required to produce successful outcomes for clients and makes him a useful resource for advice on maximising the success of a medical cosmetic business.
Godfrey runs online training courses for healthcare practitioners and therapists in private practice providing applications training for users of light-based technology for hair and tattoo removal, facial skin rejuvenation, acne management and the treatment of benign pigmented and vascular conditions. See Online Laser Training Ltd for more information.
- Fellow of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Member of European Society for Laser Dermatology (ESLD)
- Member of British Medical Laser Association (BMLA)
- Entered in UK IPEM Register of Clinical Technologists
- Member, International Academy for Laser Medicine & Surgery (IALMS)
- RPA2000 Specialist Certificate holder in Non-ionising Radiation Protection (medical and research)
- Committee Member, Optical radiation safety and laser equipment BSI EPL/076, IEC TC/76 WG4, TC61 WG30 and ANSI SSC-3.
- Senior Research Fellow, Aalborg University Hospital Dermatology Department, Aalborg, Denmark
For full bibliography of my research publications and Expert Witness details, go to: www.godfreytown.com or